Michael Posted October 7, 2021 Posted October 7, 2021 Morning all, This is the most least urgent question of the day When clicking on the smiley face when composing a message, it's labelled 'Insert emojis and GIFs', yet the functionality to insert a GIF is missing. I can still download and insert a GIF picture file manually. Has Microsoft removed it? I hadn't noticed as I rarely insert GIFs myself!
Cazab Posted October 7, 2021 Posted October 7, 2021 (edited) Odd, I hadn't thought about that before. I also only get Emojis with that icon. I don't use GIFs or Emojis in emails, only Teams to be honest. Assuming it hasn't been restricted, you could click the More Options (3 dots), Get Add-ons and search for GIF, and you can 'install' the Gyfcat add-on. Edited October 7, 2021 by Cazab 1
JOrdan01070 Posted October 7, 2021 Posted October 7, 2021 HI just tried and it inserts the GIFs fine. 1
networkmangler Posted October 7, 2021 Posted October 7, 2021 I was asked about this recently. That link opens an "Expressions" window and there is a list of Emojis but not GIF's I'm 99.9% sure previously there was a GIF option to click on next to Emojis I have told staff to go to "Get Add-ins" and add GIPHY instead as an alternative 1
Michael Posted October 7, 2021 Author Posted October 7, 2021 Odd, I hadn't thought about that before. I also only get Emojis with that icon. I don't use GIFs or Emojis in emails, only Teams to be honest. Assuming it hasn't been restricted, you could click the More Options (3 dots), Get Add-ons and search for GIF, and you can 'install' the Gyfcat add-on. Thanks for this, it's a good workaround! - - - Updated - - - HI just tried and it inserts the GIFs fine. I've looked at multiple tenancies and all appear the same. It does look like Microsoft have removed it (for whatever the reason)!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now