AB_IT Posted July 12, 2021 Posted July 12, 2021 Hi All, Really confused at this one, so is our external support company - they can't work it out either. We have an RDS server that our staff use to complete their work. We recently upgraded to O365 and replaced our old Office 2013 version with O365 Apps. This worked fine but we have some old Access Databases that didn't play too nice with the new version so for now want to revert back to Office 2013. I uninstalled O365 and attempted to re-install Office 2013 but everytime I do it fails on installation. Not sure how or why this is happening. I have tried a Clean Boot, tried running Microsoft's Office Uninstaller Helper thing, there's nothing in event viewer to tell me why it's failed, it doesn't give me an error just a generic 'failed' message. I've restarted, kicked all other users off etc... Can't think of what else to try. Has anyone seen this before or can help in any way? I can't even reinstall the O365 apps as that now fails everytime... Seriously. I've been working on this for 6 hours and none of the staff can work so I'm hoping one of you nice people will know what to do Thank you!!
Boredguy Posted July 12, 2021 Posted July 12, 2021 They have got Shared Computer Activation configured haven't they on the O365 Click to Run deployment? For simplicity we just put Office 2019 on RDS server since it only gets used by SIMS reports.
AB_IT Posted July 12, 2021 Author Posted July 12, 2021 They have got Shared Computer Activation configured haven't they on the O365 Click to Run deployment? For simplicity we just put Office 2019 on RDS server since it only gets used by SIMS reports. Yeah I did do the whole 'Shared Computer Activation' thing fine. It's just now that we want to just install standard Office 2013 it won't install back. O365 won't either, can't get any version of office to just simple install on both our RDS servers since uninstall O365 version.
Warwick_Tech Posted July 12, 2021 Posted July 12, 2021 (edited) Hi All, Really confused at this one, so is our external support company - they can't work it out either. We have an RDS server that our staff use to complete their work. We recently upgraded to O365 and replaced our old Office 2013 version with O365 Apps. This worked fine but we have some old Access Databases that didn't play too nice with the new version so for now want to revert back to Office 2013. I uninstalled O365 and attempted to re-install Office 2013 but everytime I do it fails on installation. Not sure how or why this is happening. I have tried a Clean Boot, tried running Microsoft's Office Uninstaller Helper thing, there's nothing in event viewer to tell me why it's failed, it doesn't give me an error just a generic 'failed' message. I've restarted, kicked all other users off etc... Can't think of what else to try. Has anyone seen this before or can help in any way? I can't even reinstall the O365 apps as that now fails everytime... Seriously. I've been working on this for 6 hours and none of the staff can work so I'm hoping one of you nice people will know what to do Thank you!! Maybe check in AzureAd to make sure the server is de-activated/disconnected/deleted, it can pop up in several places portal.azure.com > Azure Active Directory > Devices Or on windows: Settings > Accounts > Access to Work or School > disconnect any accounts there Or - It still thinks an install is pending/in progress - I *THINK* you restart or force close the installer service, but I could be wrong on that one Edited July 12, 2021 by Warwick_Tech 1
Oaktech Posted July 12, 2021 Posted July 12, 2021 Maybe check in AzureAd to make sure the server is de-activated/disconnected/deleted, it can pop up in several places portal.azure.com > Azure Active Directory > Devices Or on windows: Settings > Accounts > Access to Work or School > disconnect any accounts there Or - It still thinks an install is pending/in progress - I *THINK* you restart or force close the installer service, but I could be wrong on that one You beat me to it...
AB_IT Posted July 12, 2021 Author Posted July 12, 2021 Maybe check in AzureAd to make sure the server is de-activated/disconnected/deleted, it can pop up in several places portal.azure.com > Azure Active Directory > Devices Or on windows: Settings > Accounts > Access to Work or School > disconnect any accounts there Or - It still thinks an install is pending/in progress - I *THINK* you restart or force close the installer service, but I could be wrong on that one Good shout thank you but nothing unfortunatley. It won't even install the 2013 Office ISO on the server so it must be something to do with the server rather than O365 surely?
AB_IT Posted July 12, 2021 Author Posted July 12, 2021 I've got it to install on one out of two of our RDS servers. It was something to do with it creating a Registry key entitled Office16. After I removed this it would install. Tried to do the same on the other RDS server but it's being a real pain, it does this everytime? If I press OK on the install path (I know my ISO is fine) it just keeps asking me for another file and then goes round in circles.
AB_IT Posted July 12, 2021 Author Posted July 12, 2021 Fixed.. Oh my god what a faff! For anyone in a similar situation I had to run the Fix It Tool for 'Every' Version of Microsoft and that seemed to do it on second one.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now