Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All :-)

 

I'm currently trying to import drivers for our new(ish) government laptops (HP 255 G7 Laptops) into MDT.

I've created a new folder in our MDT folder hierarchy (Deployment Share > Out-of-box Drivers > HP 255 G7 Notebook) and I'm currently trying to import about 5 .exe drivers into this folder.

 

When I try the 'Import Drivers' function and select the local folder where the drivers reside (C:\Drivers for instance) and attempt to import them; they don't appear in MDT?

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm at a bit of a loss.

 

Thanks,

F_Admin

Posted
You'll need to extract them first. Either run the .exe where it should ask for a destination folder, or you'll need to go AppData surfing in the Temp folder after opening the exe. You can often extract the exe yourself with 7zip too, then point MDT at the folders that result.
  • Thanks 1
Posted
You'll need to extract them first. Either run the .exe where it should ask for a destination folder, or you'll need to go AppData surfing in the Temp folder after opening the exe. You can often extract the exe yourself with 7zip too, then point MDT at the folders that result.

 

Thank you so much! I will give this a try later and try importing the results.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...