TMBS Posted November 13, 2020 Posted November 13, 2020 Hi Has anyone got their offsite filtering working through Schools Broadband? I'm using a Win 8 laptop, have added the proxy settings given but when I try and access from home I get not access to the Internet with a ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED error. I've check the settings for typos and all are correct, not sure what to do no we need it on Tuesday for a student... I've got a ticket logged with SB... Thanks
caffrey Posted November 13, 2020 Posted November 13, 2020 I thought SBB only works with IP address ranges that it's given ? I could be wrong
TMBS Posted November 13, 2020 Author Posted November 13, 2020 I thought SBB only works with IP address ranges that it's given ? I could be wrong Definately wasn't told that. Just add proxy setting, no wagent needed and it should just work!
SchoolsBroadband Posted November 16, 2020 Posted November 16, 2020 (edited) Hi Has anyone got their offsite filtering working through Schools Broadband? I'm using a Win 8 laptop, have added the proxy settings given but when I try and access from home I get not access to the Internet with a ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED error. I've check the settings for typos and all are correct, not sure what to do no we need it on Tuesday for a student... I've got a ticket logged with SB... Thanks Hi @TMBS, there are some specific settings you need to put in for our remote proxy. Our support team will be able to give you the correct settings. in answer to @caffrey, yes we do offer offsite filtering free of charge to our customers via this method. Thanks Dave Edited November 16, 2020 by SchoolsBroadband
TMBS Posted November 16, 2020 Author Posted November 16, 2020 Hi @TMBS, there are some specific settings you need to put in for our remote proxy. Our support team will be able to give you the correct settings. Dave Hi Dave I'd raised a call and been given the proxy settings but it still wouldn't allow me to connect from home. I've just spoken to the engineer again this morning and it was as port issue that SBB needed to configured - all working now! Thanks 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now