JRA Posted November 11, 2020 Posted November 11, 2020 Hi all, As per title really. I don't know how well I'm describing it but, like, you know in html you got "mailto:" and then bam your default mail client is awakened and sends an email to that address? What's "mailto:" in PHP? Thanks any/everyone.
Boredguy Posted November 11, 2020 Posted November 11, 2020 Well the mailto link works in HTML or PHP as it requires the user to click on it to open the default mail client. 1
JRA Posted November 11, 2020 Author Posted November 11, 2020 Ah, ok. In that case I may be in a more difficult state. What I've got is a powershell script (VERY generously written by someone here I might add) and it produces a .csv of email groups and their members and the email address of said group, to host on an internal website here. The section that makes the column with the email addresses is this part: #// Set up hash table and add values $HashTab = $NULL $HashTab = [ordered]@{ "Name" = $ADGroup.Name "Email" = 'mailto:{0}' -f $ADGroup.mail ... But in the php page I literally get the text "mailto:[email protected]" and I'd like something clickable. Is this easy enough done or a bit nuts? Thanks everyone again.
Boredguy Posted November 11, 2020 Posted November 11, 2020 (edited) Well you would need the text to output Email so it makes it clickable for their browser, and also display it on screen So mailto:{0} becomes {0} Edited November 11, 2020 by Boredguy 1
JRA Posted November 11, 2020 Author Posted November 11, 2020 Well you would need the text to output Email so it makes it clickable for their browser, and also display it on screen So mailto:{0} becomes {0} I'm very glad you're bored today thank you. Okay, so I changed it to the below: #// Set up hash table and add values $HashTab = $NULL $HashTab = [ordered]@{ "Name" = $ADGroup.Name "Email" = {0} -f $ADGroup.mail But running it I get "The '<' operator is reserved for future use." I'm sure I've pasted it somewhere not quite right in there.
Boredguy Posted November 11, 2020 Posted November 11, 2020 Oh hang on, thats the Powershell script isn't it, and not the PHP. When the PHP file reads the CSV it needs to echo out the 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now