mdrabble Posted October 15, 2020 Posted October 15, 2020 In the process of setting up a SharePoint site for help guides all users. I can invite people to join the SharePoint site, but is there an easier way I can add everyone and make it visible to them by default without them having to do anything? Cheers
psydii Posted October 15, 2020 Posted October 15, 2020 We have a "legacy" group for all staff sync'd from AD. We add this to the Visitor role in SharePoint Sites where we need all staff to have read-only access.
mdrabble Posted October 15, 2020 Author Posted October 15, 2020 Got all the permission set to read only - I’m thinking of an easy way of users accessing the site. I could only get to appear all the time for my test user once i clicked on follow site.
DaveTheTech Posted October 16, 2020 Posted October 16, 2020 There isn't unfortunately. I have seen a script that automatically follows the site - but it requires them to visit the site at least once. As soon as you log into SharePoint you do get a search bar right in front - get them to search there?
psydii Posted October 20, 2020 Posted October 20, 2020 You can use Hub Sites to group sites together. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/planning-hub-sites We set default tabs in the commonly used browsers to be office.com, and a hub site with different hub sites for staff, yr7-11 and yr12-13
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now