Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

We are having a TS/Citrix box installed and am wondering what security software to use. We currently use NOD32 on our servers and clients and i'm wondering if it's suitable for TS as i've read that some AV apps don't suite TS very well.

 

What are you all using?

 

Also what other products do you use to help secure your TS boxes from the usual spyware/virus issues?

 

Cheers

 

Grant.

Posted
I just use our usual AV on the terminal servers and it works fine. As long as your users are sufficiently locked down then I suspect the risk of exposure from viruses, spyware and the like should be minimal.
Posted
I just installed our normal AV software (Sophos) and configured it the same as our desktop machines. No problems as far as I can tell.
Posted
Generally speaking any AV software should be fine, because all AV software install Windows services when initially installed. The updating and scheduled scanning of any AV product is also controlled by its services.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...