cgilmour Posted May 19, 2020 Posted May 19, 2020 Hi, I'd be grateful if anyone knows of a difference in web based/client based teams versions as regards Chat being enabled for external users. I've set up a team for governors and this team has a mix of our school domain based emails and external emails. I've also set the Global Allow Chat for external users however, whilst some external users can chat others say it is greyed out. Is there a difference in teams versions on on different devices where Chat is not enabled? I've tried a test with some colleagues using our external email addresses and it works for us so not sure where to go ( other than support at Microsoft). Anyone else had this issue? Unfortunately the governing meetings tend to take place out of hours and using home laptops /tablets/phones etc. so it's difficult to get a handle on what the real issue is. Regards Chris
cgilmour Posted May 21, 2020 Author Posted May 21, 2020 Hi, just for anyone looking for this in the future, the answer is you can't have external users ( guests) invited to a channel meeting with access to Chat. You can invite everyone as non channel attendees though and do it this way Cheers Chris
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now