Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone had luck deploying the latest version of Quicktime with SCCM 2012 and Windows 10 1909? I followed the following article, but the Quicktime.msi fails with a 0x64C(1612). I deleted the registry key on my test workstation to see if it corrects the issue, but it still fails. If I manually run it as a batch script, the install works. I've seen install articles for older versions of the software, but the software is already outdated. This is needed for KidPix 3D. Thanks.

 

https://mytechstuff.info/2016/11/22/deploy-itunes-12-quicktime-7/

 

https://mickitblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/sccm-deployment-with-error-1612.htmlhttps://support.apple.com/kb/DL837?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL837?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB

Posted

Hi raiser,

 

I made the modifications in the MSI, but I must be missing something still. Did you say you were able to get Quicktime into the Task Sequence in the end, as I still cannot get it to install. I'm having the same problem with VLC and two bat files that have always run in my 1803 TS.

Posted

No, I am still unable to install Quicktime as an Application. This is the batch file I used for my test manual install. AppleApplicationSupport.msi installs correctly.

@ECHO OFF

 

msiexec /i "AppleApplicationSupport.msi" /qn /norestart ALLUSERS=true

msiexec /i "QuickTime.msi" DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=NO ASUWISINSTALLED=0 SCHEDULE_ASUW=0 REGSRCH_INSTALL_ASU=0 /qn

 

EXIT

 

Didn't need a batch file for VLC since it's a MSI. I used.

msiexec /i "vlc-3.0.8-win64.msi" /q

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...