sraper Posted February 6, 2020 Posted February 6, 2020 (edited) Have an annoying problem with this driver on windows 10. Have a number of different laptops and all-in-ones that appear to be using the Intel AC-7265 chipset. However I am getting numerous computers where the driver appears to be getting corrupted - either a driver update or a windows 10 update appears to be causing this. Sympton is that the device shows up with exclamation mark in Device manager. I have tried the following: - Update driver - automatically - download latest driver from both HP and Dell websites for the relevant model of PC - download latest driver from Intel All of these fail either "system cannot find the specified file" or "fatal error during installation". The only fix at the moment seems to be re-image the affected computers. We have over 100 computers that have this chipset and they are all seemingly succumbing to this issue. I have just changed group policy to block the install of device driver updates - hopefully this will stop more computers being affected. Has anyone else had the same or similar issues and do they know a quicker way to recover the driver other than re-imaging? I have just checked a re-imaged PC and the driver that is working is 19.51.8.3 Regards Edited February 6, 2020 by sraper
Ertech Posted February 6, 2020 Posted February 6, 2020 Try using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant - it may make a difference https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html
sraper Posted February 6, 2020 Author Posted February 6, 2020 Try using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant - it may make a difference https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html Actually that is already installed and i think i tried using this the other week when first came across. Will try again
mavhc Posted February 7, 2020 Posted February 7, 2020 I have the 7265 on my HP laptops, no problems like yours, it's using whatever driver Windows found by itself I think, 19.51.26.1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now