ronnoco Posted January 22, 2020 Posted January 22, 2020 Hello, I have recently started at a new school and learning the many systems they have. I've never used Chromebooks before and a student has changed the keyboard layout so that you can't login. They were using a generic school e-mail login to sign in. I was hoping to simply work out what the keys have been changed to, log in and change back but unfortunately, I just can't work out where they @ key is! Plugging in a USB keyboard doesn't work either. I'm not sure if these are managed or standalone and was ideally trying to avoid a wipe. Any way of easily correcting? Also, if they are managed, is there a particular portal I need to sign into or will this be something done on prem? Many thanks for any help.
caffrey Posted January 22, 2020 Posted January 22, 2020 Usually managed through the Gsuite console, Keyboard settings can be changed from the tray in the bottom right normally (Where the clock is etc.) 1
ronnoco Posted January 22, 2020 Author Posted January 22, 2020 Many thanks Steve, just realised there is an on-screen keyboard, Chromebook rookie!
caffrey Posted January 22, 2020 Posted January 22, 2020 No probs, and it's not Steve (that's a running joke at the moment )
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now