Chuckster Posted November 6, 2019 Posted November 6, 2019 I have an excel spreadsheet with a few columns that have Data Validation. I've been requested to allow teachers to add additional info in addition to the specified values in the 3rd and 4th columns. When staff enter a value from the drop down list, and then add their own word to the end (as it's not an exhaustive list of options), the current value repeats itself. In the Medical Care Plan column, for example, you enter Allergies and then a word of your own.... the result ends up Allergies, Allergies, YourWord Anyone good with Excel able to show me where I am going wrong with this? Edugeek.zip
Ditto Posted November 6, 2019 Posted November 6, 2019 What version of Excel are you using? I couldn't reproduce the error with 2013 version.
DaveTheTech Posted November 7, 2019 Posted November 7, 2019 I get this when adding a value that doesnt exist first. The line: Target.Value = Oldvalue & ", " & Newvalue is what needs changing.
Chuckster Posted November 7, 2019 Author Posted November 7, 2019 @DaveTheTech, do you know how I can amend this to do what I need it to do?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now