ninjabeaver Posted May 12, 2008 Posted May 12, 2008 Might be old news, but could not see a mention of it on the forums so.... NEWS: Dominic Wong and David Langton of Deloitte & Touche LLP were appointed as Joint Administrators of Rock Group Plc ("Rock") on 8th May 2008. We were appointed administrators of Rock Group Plc ("Rock") on 8 May 2008. On our appointment, Rock held a number of laptops belonging to customers, the majority of which were awaiting repair. rock :: Welcome :: Ultimate performance gaming laptops and notebooks 1
Geoff Posted May 12, 2008 Posted May 12, 2008 I had not heard of these people until I read about this. It seems to be popping up on a few forums I read. Were they big enough to warrant the coverage?
alan-d Posted May 12, 2008 Posted May 12, 2008 We used them a lot for laptops until 2 years ago when the customer service went downhill. We only use them for warranty repairs now but it seems that may be gone soon!
tech_guy Posted May 12, 2008 Posted May 12, 2008 Blimey, I know Nick Boardman quite well (CEO of Rock) so this is a bit of a shock.
Elky Posted May 12, 2008 Posted May 12, 2008 I had not heard of these people until I read about this. It seems to be popping up on a few forums I read. Were they big enough to warrant the coverage? Rock were pretty big but I think they aimed at the higher end of the market -good on well built, good spec notebooks I think
tech_guy Posted May 12, 2008 Posted May 12, 2008 (edited) I had not heard of these people until I read about this. It seems to be popping up on a few forums I read. Were they big enough to warrant the coverage? Rock were the largest independent UK laptop manufacturer/retailer. Edited May 12, 2008 by tech_guy
tech_guy Posted May 12, 2008 Posted May 12, 2008 All thanks to a thieving toe-rag: Employee's £220k theft helps put firm into administration - Leamington Spa Today - Back to Home Page
tech-man Posted May 12, 2008 Posted May 12, 2008 We used to buy a lot of stuff from Rock up until a few years ago, support was a huge hassle.
john Posted May 12, 2008 Posted May 12, 2008 Ive never owned a Rock Laptop but have come across them, very high end some of them and overpriced TBH. They cannot compete with the likes of HP, Acer, FJS, Dell etc
tech_guy Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 Ive never owned a Rock Laptop but have come across them, very high end some of them and overpriced TBH. They cannot compete with the likes of HP, Acer, FJS, Dell etc Well, they definitely can't compete against them now they've gone bust!
FN-GM Posted May 20, 2008 Posted May 20, 2008 (edited) Looks like Rock have been saved by Stone Computers. http://www.rockdirect.com/viewNews.php?NEWSID=111 Edited May 20, 2008 by FN-Greatermanchester dead link - oops 1
alan-d Posted May 21, 2008 Posted May 21, 2008 Good news as long as Stone lead the way and don't let Rock continue as they were just prior to them going bust.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now