Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey, i'm off work this week so I've been enjoying the great weather we've been having!

I might get some time during the week to have a look.

 

Thanks for setting the forum up, hopefully we'll have a nice package soon :D

Posted

I have fixed a couple of things and tweaked it for the latest autoit engine.

I also included the sql tables which I forgot to post in the other one.

Posted

I just had a quick look at your AutoIT files. There's a hell of a lot more in yours than there is in mine.

 

My autoIT exe's simply run a hidden IE window to a certain page. I'll post what I have at the moment when I get back to my office. But it does seem we're going different ways around the same task. Which i suppose is good.

Posted

I see what you have done. Mine sends back a group membership check so that way I can filter the users (e.g. only show logged on staff)

Also my code works with multiple logins using the ini file to track the users session id and that is why I did not use a IE window (as I need to download the output from the login action to create the ini).

If you cant see why I did something post a snippet and I will explain.

One other thing, does using the IE window mean the user has a "history" item for the hit?

Posted

Also if a user logs into a machine with a "open" session it will not close the older session as I wanted to be aware of the fault. I added a reset session button to the log viewer.

 

Do you have MSN/IM of anykind?

[email protected] is my msn.

Posted

I didn't think of it showing up in history. I've just had a quick look and it does seem to showup. That could be a problem as they could easily maniuplate the information as it's all sent via the URL.

I'll have to see if I can remove the history entry or think of another way of sending the information.

I don't want to get as advanced as your login script as I want all the processing to happen in the PHP script if possible.

 

I'm going to start to concentrate on the GUI side of things as my degree is in multimedia computing :p

 

I'll add you to MSN now. Mine is [email protected] (hardly professional!)

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Just to let you know, i'm still working on this project. I'm currently teaching myself AJAX (so that everything updates automagically without browser refresh).

I'm working mainly on the GUI and database. Then hopefully move on to the way that data is entered to the database. Hopefully in a similar way to your AutoIT script does, luckly the students still havent noticed the history events (so it seems).

Just thought i'd let you know so it doesnt seem i've abandoned anything :p

Posted

Hey,

I have been thinking and we should do more client side. I know you wanted the php to do the majority of things but it will be intensive to look up groups etc php side where as the agent can retrieve these details in seconds.

I need to find the time to have a chat on msn with ya ;)

Posted
Yes, I suppose the more information we can extract from AD using the client the better. I was only going to use this as a Student Tracker and therefore knew that everyone was a student, and I can work out information based on their usernames. But in the interests of making this combatable with other setups I suppose the more from AD the better!
Posted
Yeh I used it for filtering. The client checks to see if your a member of a selection of groups and reports it back to the server. That way I could filter based on "staff" or "S1" (Scotland) etc to monitor things closer.
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...