dobbyit Posted June 5, 2019 Posted June 5, 2019 I'm after sharing the inboxes of an administrator account in office365 to my account also an administrator. He shared his inbox with me, given me owner permission. I've added it to my mail box, I can see his name with a drop down icon but when clicked (you do not have permission to perform) . Any ideas?
jwb503 Posted June 5, 2019 Posted June 5, 2019 I found permissions can sometimes take a little time to propagate, when did you make the changes? In the Office 365 web app, can you click your account icon in the top right, select open another mailbox and try and open the mailbox from there. Still give permission errors? 1
dobbyit Posted June 5, 2019 Author Posted June 5, 2019 I found permissions can sometimes take a little time to propagate, when did you make the changes? In the Office 365 web app, can you click your account icon in the top right, select open another mailbox and try and open the mailbox from there. Still give permission errors?I made sharing then tested, then changed permission tested then cleared browsing cache still nothing. Will try again if it could take longer than my patience. Thanks for advise
dobbyit Posted June 6, 2019 Author Posted June 6, 2019 Still no joy in sharing account to link into my account after nearly 24 hours, must of missed a step somewhere along the lines
jwb503 Posted June 6, 2019 Posted June 6, 2019 Hmm, can't think of anything special I've had to do in the past. Links below detail the process https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/admin/add-users/give-mailbox-permissions-to-another-user?view=o365-worldwide - guide on changing the permissions in the admin centre https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/access-another-person-s-mailbox-a909ad30-e413-40b5-a487-0ea70b763081?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB - Accessing shared mailbox 1
Uber22 Posted June 8, 2019 Posted June 8, 2019 I had this issue were I couldn't share a calender to external users I had to use the powershell commands as the permission would be there but I wasn't able to share it. Might be the same. 1
dobbyit Posted June 8, 2019 Author Posted June 8, 2019 Going to try this again next week, hope I am just missing something simple knowing me.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now