CAM Posted May 21, 2019 Posted May 21, 2019 Does anyone know how to get rid of this annoying thing? Everytime I try to detach elements or components, or I use the same name of an existing component (that isn't appearing in the existing components list even though I know it exists) it falls over and the whole of Exams Organiser refuses to function. I am trying to get the basedata done for the end of the week as part of my EO training but it's driving me bonkers and holding things up.
FishCustard Posted May 21, 2019 Posted May 21, 2019 Have you tried manually registering the extension with regsvr32 /u MSCOMCTL.OCX (you may need to find the file in the System32/SysWOW64 folder if it complains).
CAM Posted May 21, 2019 Author Posted May 21, 2019 The file doesn't exist in Windows 10. But it's also odd that it works adding new components sometimes and other times it doesn't.
synaesthesia Posted May 21, 2019 Posted May 21, 2019 Default printer needs setting/changing. Yes, it's that stupid. It's Capita. 1
CAM Posted May 21, 2019 Author Posted May 21, 2019 Default printer needs setting/changing. Yes, it's that stupid. It's Capita. Partially works. That allows me to detach stuff but I am still getting the error for adding components. I even detached MAF1 and it let me add it back in but adding the component code MAF2 was a no no. Currently got the NM hunting for an old PC to cannibalise the ocx file from it!
synaesthesia Posted May 21, 2019 Posted May 21, 2019 Argh, poo. That's pretty much been the fix for anything purple hand related. I confused a Capita engineer once for referring to the software as Horrid Henry. He didn't know about the purple hand gang!
FishCustard Posted May 21, 2019 Posted May 21, 2019 The file doesn't exist in Windows 10. But it's also odd that it works adding new components sometimes and other times it doesn't. Should be in the SysWOW64 folder, at least it is on my W10 PC.
CAM Posted May 21, 2019 Author Posted May 21, 2019 NM grabbed a copy of the file. Now it says the component code already exists, when it doesn't. So I'm not sure how I am meant to re-use components. The purple hand seems to appear when it tries to call an old style dialog box requiring mscomctl.ocx but can't find it in the SYSWOW64 folder.
CAM Posted May 22, 2019 Author Posted May 22, 2019 LA Support got back to me and showed me how to import in-use basedata components. You need to find the series it was used in, then go to the series you are working on, right-click it and choose "Add Elements From a Previous Season." Untick Import Awards and leave only Import components ticked and add the elements you want to re-use from the previous season. They then appear in the "Add Existing Elements" screen to be used.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now