localzuk Posted May 7, 2008 Posted May 7, 2008 I have a joomla site which has a non-secure side and a secure side (ie. it can be accessed via either http or https). The problem is, I want it to default to http for normal viewing, and then when someone specifically goes into the 'shop' module I want it to redirect to the https site. I have enabled mod_rewrite and created the below in my .htaccess file. RewriteEngine on RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} ^80$ RewriteRule ^http://%{SERVER_NAME}/index.php?option=com_virtuemart(.*)$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}/index.php?option=com_virtuemart$1 [L,R] But, as you can probably guess from the fact that I am posting here, it doesn't work. Anyone got any pointers, as I've never really got my head around rewrite rules. I'm probably missing something blatantly obvious...
contink Posted May 7, 2008 Posted May 7, 2008 Doesn't virtuemart provide you with an automatic redirect when you're handing any secure mode stuff? Certainly it's headed that way in version 1.1 (which is still rather buggy) 1
localzuk Posted May 7, 2008 Author Posted May 7, 2008 (edited) Doesn't virtuemart provide you with an automatic redirect when you're handing any secure mode stuff? Certainly it's headed that way in version 1.1 (which is still rather buggy) Actually, on closer inspection, there does appear to be an option on this. I'll have a play. Cheers EDIT: That seems to be working I noted that the box with the secure site in defaults to http for some reason. Edited May 7, 2008 by localzuk
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now