Phxantom16 Posted January 15, 2019 Posted January 15, 2019 hey guys Recently my openmediavault Raspberry Pi broke down and now i am left with 2 USbs with a ext4 file system. I have no way of formatting this so Windows can use it. Could someone tell me how i can do this? Cheers Cameron.
Dos_Box Posted January 16, 2019 Posted January 16, 2019 I often find that when I have drives and cards that are reluctant to be formatted it is best to go nuclear with partitioning software, especially if Windows Disk Manager is being reluctant to help and simply delete the entire partition/drive. This always seems to work - https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html
Norphy Posted January 16, 2019 Posted January 16, 2019 (edited) Might be worth trying the ‘clean’ command in diskpart.exe as well. That will remove the partition table leaving the USB as uninitialised. Edited January 16, 2019 by Norphy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now