CAM Posted December 6, 2018 Posted December 6, 2018 Hello, Quick question. The new school I am at has had someone keeping the data manager seat warm during the census period. Some new pupils have been admitted but didn't turn up as they went to other schools, so they were just made leavers on the same date they arrived instead of deleting them. As far as I can tell, this means they will have appeared on the census? Which we obviously don't want! Will there be any effect on the next census if I delete them now?
Ditto Posted December 6, 2018 Posted December 6, 2018 (edited) I wouldn't think they appear, but it probably depends on the MIS you are using. What was the date of entry start and end date - before the census date I presume? Edited December 6, 2018 by Ditto
CAM Posted December 7, 2018 Author Posted December 7, 2018 Yeah. Or does the census only show those on roll on census day? I thought it used a date range.
Meldrew Posted December 7, 2018 Posted December 7, 2018 I've recently helped migrate a school to a different MIS and had to include all data about students for the whole of the previous academic year so that census data was correct, so I think it must take historic data into account too. Meldrew
Ditto Posted December 7, 2018 Posted December 7, 2018 It's the census day that's relevant, as demonstrated by my previous schools clamour to get on roll every last pupil on roll for that day and some dubious steps around exclusions. For attendance data, it is a date range.
Ditto Posted December 7, 2018 Posted December 7, 2018 For the fine detail, see https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/752801/2018_to_2019_School_Census_Guide_V1_6.pdf
bobsmith Posted December 7, 2018 Posted December 7, 2018 the other part of this, if they never set foot in the school and the details have been based to your LA team to inform them of their whereabouts (or lack thereof) you can delete them out of SIMS.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now