Sibrows Posted November 30, 2018 Posted November 30, 2018 Is anyone else having issues with Adobe CC licensing today? Having asked the question, via our reseller, of Adobe Enterprise Licensing team about notifications that the software was going to expire and been told that our licenses were valid and we didn't have to do anything all of our CC 2018 apps stopped this morning. I can login to the 'Adobe Admin Console' which shows that I have machines assigned to the device licenses. Following the link ‘How to Deploy Devices’ provides instructions for downloading the previously used ‘Creative Cloud Packager’ which is how our existing apps have been deployed. The issue here appears that the serial numbers listed within the ‘Adobe Licensing portal’ have expired. From other digging; Adobe are only supporting per-user licensing with CC 2019 and I can only generate per-user licenses through the 'Adobe Admin Console'. What have I missed? - I don't have anywhere near enough licenses to deploy to all end users 🤬 Thanks in advance for any assistance. Simon
TMBS Posted November 30, 2018 Posted November 30, 2018 I had the same issue and managed to resolve by creating a licence package in the Creative Cloud Packager and then pushing out to all computers that are giving a licence error. Then logging on as an admin and running an Adobe program to update the licence. I also had issues with the Adobe activation URL being blocked so had to get our ISP to allow that too. Make sure you deploy CC 2018 though, as you mentioned CC 2019 is not compatible with device licences but you can still use with older versions.
Sibrows Posted November 30, 2018 Author Posted November 30, 2018 Thanks @TMBS I've got two serial numbers available in the 'Adobe Licensing Portal' only one of them are accepted by the 'Adobe Creative Cloud Packager' and this doesn't change the behaviour on the computer that I deploy it to.
TMBS Posted November 30, 2018 Posted November 30, 2018 Thanks @TMBS I've got two serial numbers available in the 'Adobe Licensing Portal' only one of them are accepted by the 'Adobe Creative Cloud Packager' and this doesn't change the behaviour on the computer that I deploy it to. As far as I'm aware )but I'm no expert) you shouldn't be using any serial numbers now. Adobe changed how they licence their software last year (I think) which is why you now have the Adobe Admin Console. The software activates the first time an Adobe program is used by connecting to the Adobe Console and checking there is a licence available and if so it activates, if not you get a 7 day trial. You might have to deactivate the computers currently showing. I was advised to log out of the Creative Cloud Packager, log back in making sure you are using the same credentials you log into the online Adobe Console, then select the Creative Cloud for teams/education NOT the Creative Cloud for Enterprise, etc. You shouldn't then be asked for a serial number. 2
Sibrows Posted November 30, 2018 Author Posted November 30, 2018 That looks like exactly that was the issue. Thanks for your time.
TMBS Posted December 3, 2018 Posted December 3, 2018 That looks like exactly that was the issue. Thanks for your time. Glad to be of help
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now