Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking for a good supplier of camcorder accessories - tripods, cases, etc. Any recommendations (good or bad) gratefully received...

 

Do people think it best to get Sony branded stuff, or is the generic stuff just as good? If it is like the OEM or re-fill printer consumables question, then I definitely want Sony every time!

Posted

No, I think all you do is pay over the odds. Because of the smart technology in Sony batteries I'd maybe consider Sony only but what a price to pay. I get my Canon/Panasonic batteries on Ebay. I've just got a GDU21 for £5.99 against £69.99 for a Panasonic branded one. If I only get a tenth of the life from it I'm winning.

 

Tripods, depends on what you want to use them for. I have a Velbon DV7000 which weighs a ton but is very steady and smooth to operate. I've also got a Velbon CX-500 which is lightweight but has a fluid head so is quite small. It does move a bit in a breeze. I shop around on-line and got these from a photgraphic company in Plymouth.

 

The alternative is to get an educational account with Jessops and then ask them to price match. The Jessops site Jessops is a good place to start your research but the list pricing is artificially high.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...