localzuk Posted April 24, 2008 Posted April 24, 2008 Hi all, I've been given the go ahead to do a new design for our school site and I'm taking the opportunity to move it to Joomla 1.5 from 1.0. Please can someone advise me on how to get it to authenticate against the active directory? I have set it up as: Host:10.5.143.10 Port:389 v3:Yes TLS: No Follow Referrals: No Method: Bind and Search Base DN: DC=sch4290,DC=somerset,DC=gov,DC=uk Search String:sAMAccountName=[search] Users DN: CN=[username],OU=Staff,OU=Managed Users,DC=sch4290,DC=somerset,DC=gov,DC=uk Username:CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=sch4290,DC=somerset,DC=gov,DC=uk Password: ********** Map name: displayName Map mail: mail Map uid: sAMAccountName But all users in that OU still can't log in. Any ideas? 1
Simcfc73 Posted April 24, 2008 Posted April 24, 2008 Hi all, I've been given the go ahead to do a new design for our school site and I'm taking the opportunity to move it to Joomla 1.5 from 1.0. Please can someone advise me on how to get it to authenticate against the active directory? I have set it up as: Host:10.5.143.10 Port:389 v3:Yes TLS: No Follow Referrals: No Method: Bind and Search Base DN: DC=sch4290,DC=somerset,DC=gov,DC=uk Search String:sAMAccountName=[search] Users DN: CN=[username],OU=Staff,OU=Managed Users,DC=sch4290,DC=somerset,DC=gov,DC=uk Username:CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=sch4290,DC=somerset,DC=gov,DC=uk Password: ********** Map name: displayName Map mail: mail Map uid: sAMAccountName But all users in that OU still can't log in. Any ideas? Host IP ADDRESS Port 389 LDAP V3 Yes Negotiate TLS No Do not follow referrals No Authorization Method Bind and Search Base DN CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=co,DC=uk Search String sAMAccountName=[search] Users DN Leave Blank -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Connect username cn=LDAPACCESS,cn=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=co,DC=uk Connect password password -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Map: Full Name DisplayName Map: E-mail mail Map: User ID sAMAccountName Think mine worked with this but I stopped using it, spent many hours on the Joomla forum trying to find it out. 2
localzuk Posted April 24, 2008 Author Posted April 24, 2008 Ahh... Got it. My Base DN is OU=Staff,OU=Managed Users,DC=sch4290,DC=somerset,DC=gov,DC=uk and the rest of the settings are like simcfc73 says.
Burt Posted June 4, 2008 Posted June 4, 2008 I am trying to get my Joomla 1.5 to link to my LDAP and not getting very far...may i ask?...In following is the LDAPACCESS and password a new User and Password that has been set up in AD as the connect username? Maybe a daft question but i am all out of ideas! Connect username cn=LDAPACCESS,cn=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=co,DC=uk Connect password password Cheers Burt
localzuk Posted June 4, 2008 Author Posted June 4, 2008 I am trying to get my Joomla 1.5 to link to my LDAP and not getting very far...may i ask?...In following is the LDAPACCESS and password a new User and Password that has been set up in AD as the connect username? Maybe a daft question but i am all out of ideas! Connect username cn=LDAPACCESS,cn=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=co,DC=uk Connect password password Cheers Burt What are the rest of your settings?
Burt Posted June 10, 2008 Posted June 10, 2008 All sorted...it was a combination of errors! The first was the nut behind the keyboard! - I forgot to add an e-mail address to the AD record and we all know how fickle Joomla! is about e-mail addresses! The second was that for some bazaar reason RRAS was started on the Server and preventing access to the IP I was trying to bind too... Never the less all sorted now and thanks to the guys for all the posts above that pointed me in the right direction... Burt :-)
hockinm1 Posted August 25, 2009 Posted August 25, 2009 Hi, Are you guys using Joomla 1.5 LDAP for Single Sign On... i.e. A person logs into their computer in the morning via Active Directory and then if they open a browser and go to the joomla powered intranet they are automatically authenticated as a joomla user? If so, that's what I'm after but I can't get it to work: I have a read-only username and password for our AD network and I can get an PHP LDAP script to start a search and bind, but when it comes to Joomla i've tried all these settings and nothing ever happens. In the connect username/password I have the read-only username and password I use in the PHP LDAP script. Host 10.168.150.50 Port 389 LDAP V3 Yes Negotiate TLS No Do not follow referrals No Authorization Method Bind and Search Base DN OU=UserAccounts,DC=ad,DC=xxx,DC=gov,DC=uk Search String sAMAccountName=[search] Users DN Leave Blank -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Connect username ad\IntrLDAP Connect password Me7e9V2 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Map: Full Name DisplayName Map: E-mail mail Map: User ID sAMAccountName Any help gratefully received love this guy:
Atte Posted December 4, 2009 Posted December 4, 2009 Hi, Thanks for this hint. Accoring to this post I was able to setup LDAP auth on my Joomla 1.5 Leaving the User's DN was the real solution. Thanks & Regards Atte
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now