secman Posted February 14, 2006 Posted February 14, 2006 While looking through the most excellent info supplied on the subject of roaming profiles, a question has come to mind..... Where does a new user in a roaming profile environment pick up their first and default profile? In non-roaming enviroments, it goes in the netlogon share under "Default User" but where does a roamer look for the first copy of the profile? Thanks
Dos_Box Posted February 14, 2006 Posted February 14, 2006 Netlogon again. The netlogon share is the first to be checked, unless of course you have specified differnt under the user properties.
tarquel Posted February 16, 2006 Posted February 16, 2006 I'm sure I've asked it b4 - but in both cases above, can you have a different default domain profile based on GP / OU? i.e. I'd want a different one for the pupils to what the staff have for example. Cheers Nath
ChrisH Posted February 16, 2006 Posted February 16, 2006 Would this be for use in a roaming profile environment?
ChrisH Posted February 17, 2006 Posted February 17, 2006 I dont think that is possible. You will probably end up copying the profile you have setup into their folder at user creation time or when a fresh one is needed.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now