Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So we're testing SIMS Parent App Lite functionality, specifically regarding updating medical information.

 

On our test (teacher-parents) users, we've found we can't enter medical information that doesn't meet a pre-canned (asthma, for example) option.

 

If we choose "Other" and then use the free text field at the bottom to give details of the condition, the only data appearing in the data collection sheet (and imported into SIMS) is a medical condition called "Other" - the details aren't transferred.

 

Has anyone else noticed similar issues? Are we doing it wrong?

Edited by pete
Posted

Haven't seen this yet - because I haven't looked tbh.

 

However what I do here is create a "pre-canned" option if we have more than 2 kids with the condition.

Posted

^ I did ponder that, but I'm wary of creating an every-increasing list of ailments.

 

We also collect information like "last had a tetanus booster on $date" if the kid participates in things like sailing club and DoE.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...