LRichmond Posted June 6, 2018 Posted June 6, 2018 Hi all, I've been tasked with researching what the best version of Windows 10 to roll out across the school. I know that there is a lot of work that needs to be put into locking down Windows 10 so that student can't access settings and apps. What would be the best version of Windows 10 to use as a base install to work from? Cheers, Louis
Steve21 Posted June 6, 2018 Posted June 6, 2018 I'd go with Edu 1709. Unless you really want any of the new 1803 features there is still a few niggles around and not really much new stuff that's "worth it". Steve
Passat1983ICTech Posted June 6, 2018 Posted June 6, 2018 ware on 1607 less crap on it and 3 pc are on 1803 at munite working fine we have been on win 10 1607 for a year now no problams
MrKJLS Posted June 6, 2018 Posted June 6, 2018 We are running Windows 10 Enterprise with all the apps wanted removed.
kennysarmy Posted June 6, 2018 Posted June 6, 2018 Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB here and absolutely no problems!
tmoon-mint Posted June 6, 2018 Posted June 6, 2018 I have gone for Windows 10 Education. 1709 is rock solid for me. Only issue I have had with 1803 is that it seems to ignore the language settings I choose and use English United States instead of English United Kingdom. I had to install the English UK language pack and capture my image again for some reason.
synaesthesia Posted June 6, 2018 Posted June 6, 2018 We're going for 1709; whilst I was *so* tempted to stick with 2016 LTSB, it was quicker to strip the rubbish we didn't want than to add the stuff we would like. There wouldn't have been much of a positive reason to shift from 7 to LTSB; onedrive files on demand being the biggest plus for Education.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now