MS2011 Posted May 11, 2018 Posted May 11, 2018 I got few quotes as well.. 1. Cbsecurepass 2k with barcode scanner. Annual support £650 2. Entrysign 3k 3. Genee £2800 4. Inventory £3200 and annually £949 All of them expensive!!
whs1000 Posted May 11, 2018 Posted May 11, 2018 For those using Vpass, how does it deal with Fire Registers and no Internet ?
yac2016 Posted May 11, 2018 Posted May 11, 2018 For those using Vpass, how does it deal with Fire Registers and no Internet ? Another 1+ for VPass...it's web based so you can access everything from any device.
yac2016 Posted May 11, 2018 Posted May 11, 2018 I got few quotes as well.. 1. Cbsecurepass 2k with barcode scanner. Annual support £650 2. Entrysign 3k 3. Genee £2800 4. Inventory £3200 and annually £949 All of them expensive!! Wow these prices are crazy, unless you want to connect into your MIS, mainly high schools, then iPad and VPass is ideal on an iPad
mattysmith80 Posted May 11, 2018 Posted May 11, 2018 In terms of fire, in our schools the admin team are signed into a web console on the computer and they just click the print fire register and it prints the list of visitors on site. In terms of internet, if internet goes down you have to refer to manual signing in. However that is no different to the Inventory PC failing. We have 3 secondary schools all using it for visitor sign in and 4 out of our 6 primary schools doing just the same. One of the secondary schools also use it for staff sign in sign out with QR codes on their ID badges... this doesn't link back to Sims but they are more than happy with it... Mainly because its not an expensive solution... I think if your a school looking to explore sign in products its an ideal starter.... as even if you decide its not for you the kit can still be re-used, the ipad just becomes a curriculum device or something along those lines. 1
mdrabble Posted September 18, 2018 Posted September 18, 2018 I think I built my own system with 3 screens 3 PCs, 2 printers and sundries (Labels, lanyards, monitor mounts etc.) for half of that... It's been running solid since last September. @caffery would you be willing to share your system/software?
caffrey Posted September 18, 2018 Posted September 18, 2018 Sure, but it's not easily installable though I'm afraid It's only vb.net with some sql, the code is still being worked on as I'm always making changes (and it's a mess) I can share the project after I've vetted it - there's an older version floating about here somewhere on the forum The hardware is just the cheapest touchscreen I can find (Currently a 15" asus) with a nuc or intel compute stick hidden away somewhere Label printer are just brother QL-570's 1
mdrabble Posted September 18, 2018 Posted September 18, 2018 Sure, but it's not easily installable though I'm afraid It's only vb.net with some sql, the code is still being worked on as I'm always making changes (and it's a mess) I can share the project after I've vetted it - there's an older version floating about here somewhere on the forum The hardware is just the cheapest touchscreen I can find (Currently a 15" asus) with a nuc or intel compute stick hidden away somewhere Label printer are just brother QL-570's I'll have a look round for the older version and have a play Cheers
ataylor Posted September 18, 2018 Posted September 18, 2018 https://www.ukofficedirect.co.uk/product/Durable-Visitors-Book-Refill-of-100-60x90mm-Badge-Inserts-Ref-1464-00/KAT072?AFF=LI&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIscG_3M7E3QIVy7vtCh3QdAHhEAQYASABEgLw7fD_BwE&s=1 We just use these! 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now