cdgill241183 Posted March 21, 2018 Posted March 21, 2018 We run SCCM 2012 on site and usually re-image PC's by going to the machine and pressing the F12 option and entering the password to confirm, but we wanted to start re-imaging remotely. We have created a group within SCCM with selected clients added and our image deployed and all deployment settings added but this doesn't work, has anyone had any issues with this before and could shed any light on fixing the issue? Cheers
free780 Posted March 21, 2018 Posted March 21, 2018 Do you mean a required task sequence targeted at a collection?
ADMaster Posted March 21, 2018 Posted March 21, 2018 (edited) Is your TS made available to clients or pxe and media only? It needs to be made available to clients. Edited March 21, 2018 by ADMaster spelling
cdgill241183 Posted March 22, 2018 Author Posted March 22, 2018 It was set to only media and PXE, so this needs to be set to either only configuration clients only or configuration manager clients, media, and PXE.
Oaktech Posted March 22, 2018 Posted March 22, 2018 Bear in mind however that once the TS been made available to a collection on either of the 'clients' settings, the machine needs to be in a collection that doesn't have the TS available to clients once it's rebuilt or it will continue to nag users about new software being available. You'll get what I had until I twigged, which was one teacher rebuilding her machine every Friday afternoon for 5 weeks...
ADMaster Posted March 22, 2018 Posted March 22, 2018 To prevent what @Oaktech is saying I accomplish this in one of two ways. If it is a true re image, the same version and not an upgrade. I create a collection called TSname OSD and set an expiration on the deployment. I also remove them from the collection when they're done. In the case of an upgrade such as to 1709, I deploy to a collection targeting previous versions. Then once the inventory is done on 1709 it will drop out of the collection on its own. If its a one off re image because of issues I just use the PXE option. When re imaging a whole room the remote option is nice. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now