Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

OK, so is anybody out there well versed in the Analysis module for attendance?

 

I have a simple sounding request which I can't make work. I need to show a graph of attendance in the sixth form, broken down by weekly totals. But I want a line graph that separates out Year 12 and 13.

 

Currently I have an Analysis set like this:

 

Academic year = 2017/18

Period = AM only

Attendance type = Present

Treat educational activity as present = ticked

 

Active = today

Enrollment = on roll

Year Groups = 12 and 13 ticked

Breakdown by box = Academic weeks

 

This is giving my a line graph of present attendance by week - great. But year 12 and 13 are combined! I want them to have a different coloured line each so we can compare! Any ideas?? The section labelled "Chart Options" with the radio button for 'Separate' is not clickable :( :confused:

Posted

I just had a look and I couldn't see how to do this either - I think you'd have to separately filter each year, export their data to Excel and do it there.

 

Analysis is pretty weak IMO - you can plug MS PowerBI into Bromcom though and that's excellent, so if I were you I'd do that instead.

 

Ed

  • Thanks 1
Posted

I checked with Bromcom support, turns out you can't separate them. So that was a lot of time wasted trying! Thanks for having a look though.

 

Not really sure what the PowerBI is? But will have a look. As for my above issue, the export to Excel option is what I've told sixth form they'll have to do. It's not that the raw data isn't available, but they are going to have to manipulate it to get what they want from it.

 

Cheers

Posted

Not really sure what the PowerBI is? But will have a look. As for my above issue, the export to Excel option is what I've told sixth form they'll have to do. It's not that the raw data isn't available, but they are going to have to manipulate it to get what they want from it.

 

Cheers

 

You can set up Bromcom reports as datasources (you have to pay extra for the right to do this but I don't think it's very much). Then you can use those datasources to make dashboards, analytics (cool stuff) in Microsoft BI (which again you have to pay for but it's cheap for schools). Then you can embed the BI dashboards into BRomcom so for the user it's just liek using a bit of the MIS.

 

It's very new and I've only seen it in demo, but it's worth investigating cos potentially it's really great - there's no excuse for your SLT faffing around with Excel in this day and age.

 

Ed

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...