arh1a Posted January 31, 2018 Posted January 31, 2018 Just looking for some ideas on a good folder structure for the SCCM 2016 sources folder. I've found this but just wondering how people setup the folder structure. https://sccmguru.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/configuration-manager-folder-structure/ I'm currently using SCCM for Endpoint Protection but I'm looking to retire our WSUS and MDT server to use SCCM instead. Also looking to retire software deployment through GPO and use SCCM instead. Thanks in advance.
Steve21 Posted January 31, 2018 Posted January 31, 2018 We don't use the sources folder for most bits, We have them setup as different drivers. So like the WSUS part is on one drive, Apps on another etc. Just find it easier for managing things like space/bloating updates, restores/backups etc All personal preference really though Steve 1
arh1a Posted January 31, 2018 Author Posted January 31, 2018 We don't use the sources folder for most bits, We have them setup as different drivers. So like the WSUS part is on one drive, Apps on another etc. Just find it easier for managing things like space/bloating updates, restores/backups etc All personal preference really though Steve Thank Steve, that a good idea I appreciate its all personal preference. Just like to keep things neat and tidy and want to setup some structure before I started adding app packages, updates etc.
ADMaster Posted January 31, 2018 Posted January 31, 2018 That script has it split up a lot further then what I'd use, but again its preference. I have the following structure. {Applications/product/version Applications/company/product/version} based on company a one off product has just its folder where Microsoft, Adobe etc have a company folder. Packages this is xml configs and scripts mostly for TS's OSimages/windows version Drivers/manufacturer or model Software update packages/year all updates for the given calendar year except definitions software update packages/definitions all endpoint definitions I hope this helps. 1
arh1a Posted February 6, 2018 Author Posted February 6, 2018 That script has it split up a lot further then what I'd use, but again its preference. I have the following structure. {Applications/product/version Applications/company/product/version} based on company a one off product has just its folder where Microsoft, Adobe etc have a company folder. Packages this is xml configs and scripts mostly for TS's OSimages/windows version Drivers/manufacturer or model Software update packages/year all updates for the given calendar year except definitions software update packages/definitions all endpoint definitions I hope this helps. Thank you I will use a similar folder structure.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now