fiza Posted January 16, 2018 Posted January 16, 2018 Does HP have something similar to the Dell Server Update Utility(SUU)? I need to check if my HP Proliant DL380 Gen9 has the latest drivers & firmware. With the Dell SUU it interrogates your server and then tells you if there are updates available. I need to do the same on the HP? Last night the server rebooted randomly and in the System Management Log i have ; Uncorrectable Machine Check Exception (Board 0, Processor 1, APIC ID 0x00000000, Bank 0x00000004, Status 0xBA000000'71000402, Address 0x00000000'00000000, Misc 0x00000000'00000000) I read that I should update all firmware and drivers first before contacting HPE. Any ideas?
john Posted January 16, 2018 Posted January 16, 2018 HPE has the Service Pack for Proliant tool (SPP) - Service Pack for ProLiant | Hewlett Packard Enterprise Please be aware you need a support contract to obtain such items, if the server is under the original 3 year warranty that counts as a service contract. 1
fiza Posted January 16, 2018 Author Posted January 16, 2018 HPE has the Service Pack for Proliant tool (SPP) - Service Pack for ProLiant | Hewlett Packard Enterprise Please be aware you need a support contract to obtain such items, if the server is under the original 3 year warranty that counts as a service contract. Still under warranty, just!
ADMaster Posted January 16, 2018 Posted January 16, 2018 Have you updated the bios (system rom) for meltdown? One of the HPE threads I read this morning mentioned random reboots. I'll be rolling mine back to a previous rom this afternoon.
fiza Posted January 16, 2018 Author Posted January 16, 2018 Have you updated the bios (system rom) for meltdown? One of the HPE threads I read this morning mentioned random reboots. I'll be rolling mine back to a previous rom this afternoon. No I hadnt. I did read your post on the other thread but this seems to be unrelated to a bios upgrade.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now