Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello,

 

The WSUS IIS worker process is hogging my CPU, 97% of it!. I had this problem before and I limited it and it fixed the issue (settings attached). But it has come back.

 

The settings haven't been changed.

 

Does anyone have any suggestion please?

 

Thanks

WSUS.PNG

Posted

I'm assuming it's the w3wp.exe running high? There was a botched WSUS update few weeks back, might have applied if you don't delay them?

 

Think the Nov rollup patched it in the end, didn't bother checking yet as we always delay a fair bit

 

Steve

Posted (edited)

The IIS Worker Process in task manager is running high.

 

I patched the system and it is still running very high and the process eventually crashes.

 

Thanks

Edited by FN-GM
Posted

I have several WSUS instances, running on a 2016 Hyper-V, both set with 4GB of memory and running the Nov 2017 patch.

 

On the parent WSUS, the IIS Worker Process is using about 1700MB of memory and the child WSUS is using about 100MB, all working as expected.

Posted
All I have changed (I forgot to mention) is, navigate to: IIS Manager > Application Pools > WsusPool > Advanced Settings... > Private Memory Limit (KB) = 40000002. Restart Application Pool and this should stop the crashing. Everything else is left as default.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...