Koldov Posted November 1, 2017 Posted November 1, 2017 Hi all, On my two Win10 test machines, I do not see video thumbnails on Youtube. This behaviour is across multiple browsers (Edge, IE and Chrome), so I think I might possibly be able to rule out browser settings. Anybody know if there is something within Win10 that would cause this behaviour...?
GuyJD Posted November 1, 2017 Posted November 1, 2017 All of my machines here are on 1703 and I've not experienced this problem or had anyone tell me they are having this issue, I'd be more inclined to think it was a filtering issue myself, do your Windows 10 test machines use the same filtering as your Win 7 machines?
Koldov Posted November 1, 2017 Author Posted November 1, 2017 Thanks for the replies... Filtering is the same as for the Win 7 machines that are displaying thumbnails ok, as far as I can tell. Any GPO's that might be applying some sort of restriction...? I have briefly checked on the Win 7 and Win 10 version of IE 11 that the settings for things like 'show pictures' are ticked on both etc. I'm pretty sure it must be something simple I am overlooking! Screenshots below.
GuyJD Posted November 1, 2017 Posted November 1, 2017 Is it possible you could use the inspect element option in Chrome on a windows 7 machine to see where it's getting the thumbnail from and compare that to the windows 10 thumbnails, maybe windows 10 uses a different thumbnail. Mine is picking it up from https://i.ytimg.com maybe windows 7 doesn't use the secure url for thumbnails and because of that they displaying. 1
Koldov Posted November 1, 2017 Author Posted November 1, 2017 Ok so that seems to be the problem I guess @GuyJD Now to work out why...?
ShellfishClive Posted November 1, 2017 Posted November 1, 2017 Try clearing the cache on Chrome, also those sites are blocked by default on some filtering systems the link comes under blogs even if it works on Windows 7 it might be worth allowing the link through.
GuyJD Posted November 1, 2017 Posted November 1, 2017 Can you ping i.ytimg.com from the Windows 10 machine?
Koldov Posted November 2, 2017 Author Posted November 2, 2017 Can you ping i.ytimg.com from the Windows 10 machine? Yup, all good!
GuyJD Posted November 2, 2017 Posted November 2, 2017 That's very strange, can you monitor your filtering while trying to access YouTube to see if anything is being blocked?
Koldov Posted November 2, 2017 Author Posted November 2, 2017 Unfortunately not. We are filtered on our Atomwide / LGfL connection.
GuyJD Posted November 2, 2017 Posted November 2, 2017 (edited) Unfortunately not. We are filtered on our Atomwide / LGfL connection.me too, you can create a custom report under your Webscreen 2.0 menu you should see 'Reports' In there you can do an I.P on demand report, punch in the windows 10 machines I.P and select the past hour or so and after a minuter or two you'll have a report showing every url the machine has tried to reach in the selected time frame and importantly whether is was allowed or blocked. edit- I can give you all of the urls I've had to put in to webscreen to get youtube working here if that's helpfull? Edited November 2, 2017 by GuyJD
Koldov Posted November 2, 2017 Author Posted November 2, 2017 OK yes, thanks.... I don't know why I forgot that! I've put the report in, but I doubt it will appear before home time. If you could list those URLs that would be good.
GuyJD Posted November 2, 2017 Posted November 2, 2017 Here you go, this is everything youtube related I have, some of it my not be required but I was getting so fed up with things not working that I went overkill on it [url="https://youtube.com/"]http://s.youtube.com[/url] [url]http://youtu.be/[/url] [url]http://youtube.co.uk/[/url] [url]http://youtube.com/[/url] [url]https://m.youtube.com/[/url] [url="https://s.youtube.com/"]https://s.youtube.com[/url] [url="https://www.youtube.co.uk/"]https://www.youtube.co.uk[/url] [url]https://youtube.co.uk/[/url] [url="https://youtube.com/"]https://youtube.com[/url] and I also have a keyword of ytimg.com 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now