Gongalong Posted October 26, 2017 Posted October 26, 2017 Hi folks, Anyone seeing KB4041994 in WSUS? I'm not, but when switching to "check online for updates from Microsoft update" the PC sees it. Just curious as to whether all is OK with our WSUS install. Latest syncs have purportedly run without issue. All Windows 10 versions are selected. Thanks
Michael Posted October 26, 2017 Posted October 26, 2017 Can you not manually upload it via the Update Catalog? 1
Gongalong Posted October 27, 2017 Author Posted October 27, 2017 I'm not sure how to do that. More curious as to why it isn't appearing in WSUS if I can get it directly from Windows Update.
Michael Posted October 30, 2017 Posted October 30, 2017 Load up WSUS and highlight 'Updates' on the left. On your right you'll then see 'Import Updates'. Clicking this will launch IE and the Microsoft Catalog. 1
Gongalong Posted October 30, 2017 Author Posted October 30, 2017 Thanks, although I was more curious as to why an update I see directly on Windows Updates wasn't appearing in WSUS. Any ideas?
Michael Posted October 30, 2017 Posted October 30, 2017 Difficult to say, but normally it's down to the options you have set in WSUS - products are one thing, but types of downloads are another. 1
Gongalong Posted October 31, 2017 Author Posted October 31, 2017 We have Critical Updates, Definition Updates, and Security Updates ticked. I'm guessing this would be considered an Update Rollup, but I'm not sure where an update's classification is detailed. Along with Update Rollups, there are also Drivers, Feature Packs, Service Packs, Tools, Updates, and Upgrades, none of which we download. Feature Packs I definitely want to avoid, because I want those to go on when we dictate. I've had a previous discussion re. drivers, and from what I understand it isn't much use to have them enabled. Not sure about the rest though.
Gongalong Posted October 31, 2017 Author Posted October 31, 2017 Microsoft say that KB4041994 is an Insider patch only, which explains why it isn't showing in WSUS. Odd though, because the PC that showed it via direct updating wasn't an Insider build.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now