Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

WSUS connectivity problems after service provider change


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello all.

 

In the last two weeks our County provider has changed the internet provider, we now go through RM Notify. I noticed this week that the PCs hadn't done any Monthly updates , whilst looking through the WSUS console I could see that no clients had communicated with the WSUS server since the exact time of the switch over to RMnotify (2.00pm on a school day, 10 days ago), up untill that point PCs had been communicating throughout the day and only stopped the minute of the change-over. Synchronisations of the server are working fine and I can see a number of updates from this Tuesday, so the server is connecting fine with the outside world, but not with the clients. I have added the WSUS server as an exception in proxy settings but this makes no difference, I have tried running this command 'http:///iuident.cab' but nothing shows, so clearly a connection problem. This must have something to do with the change-over but I am at a loss now what, and what to try....any ideas ?

 

Thanks

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
At first glance, I'd say your issue may be machine proxy settings, and the exact address you've added to the proxy exceptions. netsh winhttp show proxy should show the settings the machine uses to connect.
  • Thanks 1
Posted
I should have updated earlier, netsh winhttp reset proxy , ie no proxy, was the answer, as there was a proxy setting in there previously although I am still at a loss as to what populated it...but all working now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...