Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a new server set up with 2016. It has 6 nics that I want to set up as teams. 2 for the Host and 4 for the VMs to use. I have successfully set up the teams but when I go into Hyperv to set up the virtual switch I cant see the VM team I created. All the nics are listed individually. I havent connected any cables from the server into a physical switch yet but I didnt think that would make a difference.

 

Have I missed something?

Posted
Wondering if this is a driver issue, rather than anything you've done to be honest.

 

I haven't updated any drivers so should I update nic drivers as first port of call?

Posted (edited)
The built in Windows drivers are not always necessarily the best in my experience.

 

Its a Dell Server so I am just downloading the Server Update Utility which should check all drivers and update them to latest.

Edited by fiza
Posted

I had named my nic teams as VM Team and Server Team. These were not listed in HyperV manager. The 6 individual nics were listed along with "Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver" and "Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver #2". These names correspond to the adapter 'type' that was created in Network Connections when I created my teams. It has to be one of those that I need to connect my virtual switch to (the one that corresponds to my VM Team).

 

Will give it a go on Monday.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...