mrbios Posted March 28, 2017 Posted March 28, 2017 Basically, long story short, a long time ago I messed up a folder redirection and now all my home folders have one folder in (The "Saved Games" folder) that only the user has access to. I need a script that can take ownership and reset the permissions on that specific folder in all the users folders. Some people appear to have very kindly moved that folder elsewhere so i need to literally search for the folder name, rahter than giving it a specific path of \\server\share\%username%\Saved Games for example. Anyone got any suggestions on that front?
mrbios Posted March 29, 2017 Author Posted March 29, 2017 Ok so on the individual folder i can do "takeown /F "J:\Home\folder\folder\saved games" /A /R /D" and that works, I literally need to just do that but with a wildcard where it says "folder" any scripts that can do that? I could do with scripting it to also enable inherit permissions as soon as ownership has been taken too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now