ddevey Posted March 24, 2017 Posted March 24, 2017 Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows how to access the period ID in SIMS? I am trying to import a timetable from Nova T into ISAMS, but ISAMS needs a unique ID for each period that has to match with NovaT. I can't find a unique ID for each period in NovaT so I'm guessing the ID must be in SIMS somewhere. On our system P1 on a Monday is called S1 in NovaT. P1 on a Tuesday is also called S1 even though it actually runs on different timings to Monday. Where is the ID that differentiates Monday P1 and Tuesday P1? Any clues would be most helpful. Thanks
bobsmith Posted March 24, 2017 Posted March 24, 2017 1. make sure you've got membership of the "third party reporting" group in SIMS. 2. write a report based on the "school - period" focus. 3. pick ID {Period} from CESthirdpartyfields
Cache Posted March 24, 2017 Posted March 24, 2017 From memory, it's as simple as P1 on a Monday is 1, Period 5 on a Monday is 5, P1 on a Tuesday would therefore be 6, P5 Tuesday 10 etc so depends on your number of periods timetabled, combined with whether you have lunchtime lesson periods and after school lesson periods which will through the numbering off. 2 week timetable I think carries on, so week 2 (assuming a simple 25 lesson week with nothing else) should in theory be 26...
bobsmith Posted March 24, 2017 Posted March 24, 2017 Well I tweaked and reran my report and my IDs go from 116 to 205.....
Cache Posted March 24, 2017 Posted March 24, 2017 Just ran mind and get all sorts of weird numbers, I must have been in a different part of SIMS to get the 1 - 35 numbers that I was using then, who knows what now!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now