Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
I have an 802.3af POE switch that operates in Mode B, and a camera that will only operate in Mode A. Are there any modifications I can make, short of buying a dedicated POE injector, to make this switch power the camera? It would be extremely inconvenient to run power for a separate injector to this location. Edited by RoyalDunlin
Spelling
Posted

Not that I know of. Your camera is in breach of the standard there - all PD's (powered devices) are required to handle both modes, and the PSE (the power provider) is the part that decides the mode to use.

 

I'd send your camera back to the manufacturer if they claim it to be 802.3af compliant.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...