TwistedHelixis Posted March 9, 2017 Posted March 9, 2017 Hello, A few weeks back I deployed Sims using Solus 3 to all the teacher laptops in a primary school. Today I was informed Sims was not working on just one client. When the users click on the Sims icon it asks for the connect.ini file (like the old Solus2), but even browsing for the connect.ini file in s:sims, nothing happens after clicking apply. When looking in the Solus3 console the laptop was listed along with the Solus3 agent and so was sims with the correct versions etc. I checked DHCP & DNS on the server and the laptop is listed with the correct IP (no duplicates). I then phoned my LA who told me to uninstall Solus3 agent from the laptop using add remove programs and then to remove the computer from the Solus3 console, then I should add everything back. I have added the computer back but its doing the same thing, asking for the connect.ini file. Firewall and UAC are currently disabled and Sims is fine for everyone else. Any ideas????
bobsmith Posted March 9, 2017 Posted March 9, 2017 what are the contents of your connect.ini on the laptop?
TwistedHelixis Posted March 9, 2017 Author Posted March 9, 2017 Think I have fixed the issue, I copied a connect.ini file from another computer
Cazale Posted March 9, 2017 Posted March 9, 2017 It's worth searching the computer for connect.ini, we once had an issue where one PC was ignoring a change made in connect.ini and we found an old copy somewhere in appdata (I think, it was a while ago) that seemed to be overriding the one in the SIMS folder. I was pulling my hair out because the one in the SIMS folder matched every other PC in the school, but it simply wouldn't connect.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now