Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

I am experimenting with VMWare on a spare Windows 2000 server. The VMware Registration Service always seem to fail to run on bootup of the server and even after manually restarting the service I get the following message when trying to start one of the created Virtual Machines.

 

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application."

 

After clicking on OK I then get the following message

 

"Virtual Machine failed to start."

 

Has anybody seen this before and have been able to resolve it? We are running VMWare Server Console 1.0.4 build-56528. I have looked through the VMWare knowledgebase and don't seem to be able to find the problem.

 

Error message in the event viewer isn't particularly helpful either:

 

The description for Event ID ( 100 ) in Source ( vmauthd ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: VMware process did not start properly.

 

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...