Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I've built a new MDT server on Server 2016 and the latest MDT release (8443)

 

Now I want to copy the entire DeploymentShare / RemoteInstall folders across from the old server to the new server so I can test it before replacing the old server but when I do a copy and paste of the folder from the old server to the new server it gets right to the end of the copy then won't copy the following files as it says they are currently in use :

 

binlsvcdb.mdb

ESE

ESEtmp

tmp.edb

DDP

DdpDb.mdb

DDPtmp

tmp.edb

 

What is causing these files to be locked? Is there a service that I can quickly shut down on the old server so that they copy across then start it back up?

Edited by googlemad

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...