techie2008 Posted February 28, 2008 Posted February 28, 2008 Hi all, I am new here so I hope I don't sound stupid with the question I am going to ask :-) I would like to do a search in ISA 2006 where it will display the URL, Clients Name and Computer Name. I can get results with URL and client names, however I cannot locate computers name. * Our client workstations do not use static ip's Many thanks & Kind Regards
Ryan Posted February 28, 2008 Posted February 28, 2008 Hi and welcome to the boards. We use ISA 2006 but i'm still learning, so i'm afraid i can't help much. Someone will be along shortly who can
techie2008 Posted February 28, 2008 Author Posted February 28, 2008 Thanks Ryan I hope someone can help
ArchersIT Posted February 28, 2008 Posted February 28, 2008 Hi all, I am new here so I hope I don't sound stupid with the question I am going to ask :-) I would like to do a search in ISA 2006 where it will display the URL, Clients Name and Computer Name. I can get results with URL and client names, however I cannot locate computers name. * Our client workstations do not use static ip's Many thanks & Kind Regards We have ISA 2004 and it does not record the client name, just the client IP address, so I believe that this would not be possible. Jonathan
techie2008 Posted February 28, 2008 Author Posted February 28, 2008 thanks ArchersIT for the quick reply. If that is the case, is there any software out there what will cater for my needs. Regards
tom_newton Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 AFAIK, Guardian can do a reverse lookup and log client hostnames (which in an AD environment = machine name + domain). I can look this up in more detail for you if you are interested.
techie2008 Posted February 29, 2008 Author Posted February 29, 2008 Yes please Tom Thank you Looking forward to your reply
tom_newton Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 Yes please Tom Thank you Looking forward to your reply The tech team tell me it does - just trying to POC it here... Uses reverse DNS to get the AD PC name. If you'd like to try it out for yourself, drop me a PM/email.
Geoff Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 If your relying on reverse dns, make sure you scavanging is enabled and is set to the same duration as your dhcp leases.
techie2008 Posted February 29, 2008 Author Posted February 29, 2008 which version of Guardian do I go for? Would it be Monitor Pro? Thanks for all your helps guy, this is much appreciated
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now