zag Posted January 17, 2017 Posted January 17, 2017 Has anyone migrated a local sharepoint 2010 setup to the online version in office 365? Our Sharepoint 2010 server is getting a bit long in the tooth now and I would like to move it all to the cloud. Are there any free tools out there for the migration? Or maybe a paid cheaper version of commercial software? It would be a one time migration so I don't want to pay big money for a tool. I could do it manually probably, but don't fancy putting in the hours...
zag Posted January 17, 2017 Author Posted January 17, 2017 For anyone who is interested I found a tool called content matrix by metalogix. Luckily it gives you 10gb free migration which was enough to migrate entire departments shared documents over to a local folder which I then dragged and dropped onto the new cloud site and it worked! I tried the open with internet explorer button but it was far too slow, and crashed after a few files for some reason.
zag Posted January 17, 2017 Author Posted January 17, 2017 For anyone who is interested I found a tool called content matrix by metalogix. Luckily it gives you 10gb free migration which was enough to migrate entire departments shared documents over to a local folder which I then dragged and dropped onto the new cloud site and it worked! I tried the open with internet explorer button but it was far too slow, and crashed after a few files for some reason.
john Posted January 17, 2017 Posted January 17, 2017 The company I work for our SharePoint team used something from Metalogix to move from 2003 to 2010 and they were quite pleased with it, they did 2 entire separate SP systems to our main 2010 from acquired entities so if they have a tool for you it may actually be quiet decent
john Posted January 17, 2017 Posted January 17, 2017 The company I work for our SharePoint team used something from Metalogix to move from 2003 to 2010 and they were quite pleased with it, they did 2 entire separate SP systems to our main 2010 from acquired entities so if they have a tool for you it may actually be quiet decent
zag Posted January 18, 2017 Author Posted January 18, 2017 The company I work for our SharePoint team used something from Metalogix to move from 2003 to 2010 and they were quite pleased with it, they did 2 entire separate SP systems to our main 2010 from acquired entities so if they have a tool for you it may actually be quiet decent Yep thanks, thats what I went for in the end. Nice bit of software! Will be nice to put another bit of software in the cloud after this is done.
zag Posted January 18, 2017 Author Posted January 18, 2017 The company I work for our SharePoint team used something from Metalogix to move from 2003 to 2010 and they were quite pleased with it, they did 2 entire separate SP systems to our main 2010 from acquired entities so if they have a tool for you it may actually be quiet decent Yep thanks, thats what I went for in the end. Nice bit of software! Will be nice to put another bit of software in the cloud after this is done.
zag Posted January 18, 2017 Author Posted January 18, 2017 Also found another way to map the drive as a webdav, just copy and paste the URL for the shared folder into a mapped drive. It uses Webdav which is slow on windows 7, but see this knowledge base article to fix the slow connection speeds. It really helps. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2445570
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now