Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi, not a big issue just an annoyance, whenever I do a test restore of our Hyper-V clients they don't get restored to the same location as the original.

 

Setup

Windows 2012r2

Windows Backup

 

I am restoring to a test server not the original.

 

The original VM files are stored on D:\hyper-v but when I do a test restore they get restored to d:\hyper-V\servername\D_\hyper-v.

 

During the restore when it asks for the location to restore the virtual machine I choose D:\hyper-v

 

The restored VM works fine I just want it to be the correct file location.

 

Any ideas?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...