TechSupp Posted February 22, 2008 Posted February 22, 2008 Why when trying to download files from the forum do I now have a problem. Tried two different files now (both zip files) and they go through the process of downloading but when I look at them they are only 1K and if they look the correct size they won't open, sayimng the file may be corrupt. Any ideas? I have downloaded other files from other sites and they download OK just seems to be from this forum.
Ryan Posted February 22, 2008 Posted February 22, 2008 I'm using Firefox and i have to middle mouse click them (opens a new tab). Might help.
contink Posted February 22, 2008 Posted February 22, 2008 You might want to try opening the files you get as if they were text files and see if they contain an error log or sorts. I've seen this sort of behaviour when a site has been blocked and the download has nothing but a forbidden message in it from a content filter or some such.
Sylv3r Posted February 22, 2008 Posted February 22, 2008 I have similar issues with FireFox. It wants to save the file as "attachment" rather then the proper file name.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now