Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Having posted numerous FFS posts of late I feel a small balance redress is required not to mention I feel the need to count coup on something that has drive me potty now for two months.

 

I do a LOT of work and experimentation with inkjet printers in relation to feeding them with a continuous ink supply. All this while supporting four primaries (and hoping for more :)).

 

All in all I've had mixed success but the rate of new inkjets being pumped out by Epson, Canon and HP have kept me on my toes and I did the math this tax year to discover I'd pumped over £5k into printers, ink and parts for development, testing and the like. Not to mention the jeans, t-shirts and other attire that has been on the receiving end of ink spatter or the like.

 

 

Anyway, four hard years of work is finally feeling like it could come together to the point where I know how to get a CIS to work with the HP officejet series, where to get 99% of the parts, pretty much ALL the problems you can have with a Canon Pixma printer and who to annoy until they provide you with esoteric materials to make it all happen. Oh and the sure and certain knowledge that ebay is a great place to buy something that will fubar your printer quicker than you can blink.

 

So, here I sit with a wide variety of printers, glues, ink stains everywhere and a sh*t eating grin... Life, can sometimes be good too it seems :)...

 

 

... well, until my fiance comes back and sees this mess :D

Posted

Oh and it just got better :)

 

I've just found the ultimate solution to a problem I was having with Canon Pixma's and pretty much written the troubleshooting guide to keeping them running. Only took, what? 2 years to get there..

 

Now if my fiance could just get out of the school she's in (currently in meltdown) and into a decent school we'd be laughing.. Hmm, time to buy a lottery ticket perhaps? :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...