Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all

 

I have my tech PC on Windows 10 to test stuff out etc etc

 

I have come across a problem - I have a printer configured (Ricon Aficio 5501) and I have the normal drived for it. However we always modify the drived using 'Print Driver Editor' to set it so that it comes up and asks for the printer code before actually printing it - the code are set on the printer and every class has their own code

 

On windows 10 this driver loads fine - but th pop up doesn't appear - and the printer doesn't print anything - no clues - just nothing

 

I have tried downloading the latest drived and re-modifying it but that doesn't help

 

 

any idea???

 

TIA

 

Mike

Posted

Have you installed it on a centralised print server and are you sharing it from there? If you send a test page from said server, do you get the authentication dialogue?

 

We've got Ricoh MP C4503s and the driver (that we've packaged using Print Driver Packager) is working fine with Win10. The only issue is that Edge bypasses the authentication window when printing PDFs.

Posted

No - installed on each PC not via a print server (cos it was that way when I started here)

 

every other PC works fine with that driver (on Win7) and I have re-installed it quite a few times on rebuilt PCs so I know how it works

 

However Win10 doesn't seem to want to co-operate

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...