Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Edugeek's Admin's Admin Bar 1.7.1


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've done a small update.

 

I've added a button for window's default defrag prog. It will fire it off, then analyze the first drive in the list - [ normally c: ] You then get the option of defragging it or not.

 

Also incorporated the Edugeek Excuse list.

 

If you are bored and have nothing better to do, click on the link below to get it.

Posted
How about adding the option to execute these utilities with elevated permissions. This could be achieved using RUNAS or PSEXEC. That would mean that you could operate as a normal user and use network admin rights when appropriate (best practise).
Posted
How about adding the option to execute these utilities with elevated permissions. This could be achieved using RUNAS or PSEXEC. That would mean that you could operate as a normal user and use network admin rights when appropriate (best practise).

 

Good idea - [ I use RUNAS ] quite a bit on my other stuff.

I wonder if an input box could be used to capture the username and password and send that to a variable just before the main admin bar is launched ? I did something similar on a script I did for mapping to other user drives from a non-usered account - [ if you get my drift !! ]

Once I finished making some small changes to the no ping script I have a crack at the input box. Cheers for the heads up.

Posted
To run the whole admin bar under alternate credentials would be simple enough by utilizing the RunAs command or options on a shortcut. I was thinking more along the lines of having the ability to run the bar at limited user level and only elevate when an app is launched. Each app could be configured to either use a default account defined for the whole bar or a specific account explicitly defined.
Posted
To run the whole admin bar under alternate credentials would be simple enough by utilizing the RunAs command or options on a shortcut. I was thinking more along the lines of having the ability to run the bar at limited user level and only elevate when an app is launched. Each app could be configured to either use a default account defined for the whole bar or a specific account explicitly defined.

 

Good idea, would have to think of the best way of defining the account - could have a pull down menu where you define it to start with, then just use a flag if you want to use that account.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...