genesis Posted September 19, 2016 Posted September 19, 2016 Hi I have 4 different shortcuts that is on All users desktop on 300PC. I would like to delete them . I thought of adding a .Vbs file on the shutdown script in the GPO, so that it deletes the shortcuts when the PC is restarted. I am planning to place under computer configuration - Policies-Windows Settings-Scripts- Shutdown Hope this way will work. Please post me the syntax to do Thanks in advance
FN-GM Posted September 19, 2016 Posted September 19, 2016 I would try the modern way of doing it if I was you How to use Group Policy to remove the Adobe Reader desktop shortcut
Arthur Posted September 19, 2016 Posted September 19, 2016 I would also deploy it properly in the first place, then you won't have to remove the shortcut. www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Wizard/WizardDC/
genesis Posted September 19, 2016 Author Posted September 19, 2016 I tried this from Student workstation OU - Shortcut policy- Computer configuration-preferences-windows settings-shortcuts. Create a new shortcut with the same name on the desktop shortcut and in the action-Delete Name- Shortcut1 Target type:URL Location:All Users desktop For some reason the shortcuts are not getting deleted. So thought a VBS script would do this job. Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now