MartynJ Posted September 15, 2016 Posted September 15, 2016 Good afternoon fellow IT Pro's! Have been playing around with SCCM for a few weeks now and have got to a stage where I want to install ActivInspire in the Task Sequence/Software Centre for staff laptops. However, the posts I have found online and the documentation from Promethean isn't really clear cut, it just doesn't seem to quiet install at all. Have extracted the MSI's from the main installer and have managed to get the drivers to install perfectly fine via the task sequence. Is there a sequence to follow to install the 4 MSI's via the task sequence or through Software Centre? Surprised I have any hair left!
KibosJ Posted September 15, 2016 Posted September 15, 2016 (edited) Good afternoon fellow IT Pro's! Have been playing around with SCCM for a few weeks now and have got to a stage where I want to install ActivInspire in the Task Sequence/Software Centre for staff laptops. However, the posts I have found online and the documentation from Promethean isn't really clear cut, it just doesn't seem to quiet install at all. Have extracted the MSI's from the main installer and have managed to get the drivers to install perfectly fine via the task sequence. Is there a sequence to follow to install the 4 MSI's via the task sequence or through Software Centre? Surprised I have any hair left! I have it set up so it installs the main ActiveInspire MSI, but the other MSIs are set as dependencies, rather than running them in sequence and it seems to work okay. I can have a proper look tomorrow, to see exactly how I have it set up. The image shows the dependencies Edited September 15, 2016 by KibosJ
MartynJ Posted September 15, 2016 Author Posted September 15, 2016 If you could that would be brilliant! Thank you.
dezt Posted September 16, 2016 Posted September 16, 2016 I set it to install ActivInspire, the other MSI's check for ActivInspire before installing - set as a dependency.
Recommended Posts